Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Inspired by... Faux Fur

I absolutely adore all the faux fur on the Fall/Winer runways this year. It's warm, comfortable, completely humane, and undeniably chic. A jacket, bag, or shoe embellished with the fabric is instantly modernized and fashion-ified (I know that's not a word, but bear with me). And a faux fur piece can make a boring outfit exciting when I have no time for a complicated look.

One great thing about this trend is that there are great pieces both from high end and low end stores. My personal favorite faux fur pieces from high fashion designer's were made by Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel. Lagerfeld achieved the difficult feat of making both edgy, punk-esque, rebellious knits and romantic, ladylike, classic, sophisticated furs in one collection. Check out some gorgeous Chanel coats below.




If you're like me, then unfortunately you just can't afford those mouth-wateringly beautiful Chanel pieces, no matter how much you wish for them. Do not despair! Because faux fur is just that, faux, it isn't too expensive to make, and thus there are great pieces available from cheaper stores. Some of my favorites are this cozy and chic brown vest from urban outfitters and this great-fitting and surprisingly-expensive-looking jacket from forever 21.


No comments:

Post a Comment